Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 documentation incorrect

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to a Homogeneous System Copy on PI 7.1 SP07. I don't want to do a

Copying the Primary Application Server Instance Only

Because (as the documentation says) "As of SAP NetWeaver based on kernel 7.1, you can copy a primary application server instance only. With this procedure you can move a primary application server instance to a different host within your system."

I don't want to move my system to another system. I just want to do a Database refresh. That option is not available when I run SAPINST.

I see the option for database refresh in the manual, but it's not a sapinst selection

6.3Copying the Database Only u2013 Refresh

With this procedure you can refresh the content of an existing database without having to copy the primary application server instance and to reinstall additional applications servers.

I'm using the latest SAPINST and I have the correct DVD from Service Marketplace.

This database refresh option appears in both the "distributed system" selection under system copy --> target --> distribute system.

"SAP NetWeaver Process Integration -> Software Life-Cycle Options --> System Copy --> Target System --> Distributed System --> Based on AS ABAP and AS Java --> Database Refresh or Move".

Is that the correct choice? Why is the documentation wrong?

"SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 including Enhancement Package" and "System Copy for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1". So it must be correct (I think).

I do see the database refresh option under the "

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI system being a DUAL stack only database refresh cannot be done. We have to both

Database refresh - using export/import or backup restore

CI export/import - using SAPINST

if you need to refresh a PI system. Without both the steps being performed the JAVA stack will not come up as the j2ee instance id will differ. Also perform the post system refresh steps specific to PI system copy.

Regards

Santanu

Edited by: Santanu Maiti on Jun 4, 2010 10:11 AM

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. So I would do this:

"Copying the Primary Application Server Instance Only

Because (as the documentation says) "As of SAP NetWeaver based on kernel 7.1, you can copy a primary application server instance only. With this procedure you can move a primary application server instance to a different host within your system."

and then do the "database refresh" option under "distributed systems"?

Is that correct?

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I did the database refresh only, since the two systems were the same, but now I see the source systems j2ee engine in configtool. Do I need to go through and change every entry that specifies the old hostname and SID? I'm at a loss and any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers (0)