cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC build fails: unknown entity type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Development Component of type: "External Library". But i am unable to build it in both nwds st 16 and 14.

Whenever I create a public part, building the DC fails:

Build failed... in variant "default": unknown entity type 'Archive'.

This error seems similar to the one posted on

But installing the patched nwds14 or installing nwds16 did not solve the problem.

has anyone know how to solve this?

thanks,

Michael

Here the entire stack trace:

Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.util.ConfigurationException: Duplicate technology definition: 'sap.com/tc/bi/javatech'

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.ext.ExtensionManager.readTechnology(ExtensionManager.java:278)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.ext.ExtensionManager.loadExtensionFile(ExtensionManager.java:196)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.ext.ExtensionManager.loadExtension(ExtensionManager.java:166)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.ext.ExtensionManager.initializeExtensions(ExtensionManager.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.TechnologyManager.initialize(TechnologyManager.java:28)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.AbstractPlugin.initialize(AbstractPlugin.java:591)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginCommunicator.maybeInvoke(PluginCommunicator.java:114)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginCommunicatorV2.communicate(PluginCommunicatorV2.java:32)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandlerImpl.handlePluginCommunication(PluginHandlerImpl.java:354)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandlerImpl.execute(PluginHandlerImpl.java:176)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1726)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:5559)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.buildDCsForDevConfig(BuildAction.java:307)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.access$200(BuildAction.java:58)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction$1.run(BuildAction.java:212)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Plugin initialized in 0.718 seconds

Error: unknown entity type 'Archive'.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a more precise solution for the "Duplicate technology definition" problem: Search for files named "bpfextension.xml" in the eclipse/plugins/com.sap.tc.ap/comp/SAP_BUILDT folder and delete them.

The build logic uses these descriptor files as extensions mechanism, but the files were renamed from "bpfextension.xml" to ".bpfext" in SP16. If you just copy a new IDE over an older installation you end up with both files and then you get the "Duplicate technology..." error.

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this Problem was solved by reinstalling NWDS 16. I found that i had to delete the entire JDT directory after the uninstall. It probably had to do with some plugins.

This was mentionend in the following post:

Michael