cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client refresh and transport system

michael_dybevick
Explorer
0 Kudos

I need to delete a client, then create a new client using the same number.

Will the released and unreleased change requests originating in that client be lost?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_dybevick
Explorer
0 Kudos

My intent is to recreate an empty client of the same number, copy in configuration data from a truncated config only client, then add back some data from a test data generation application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your unreleased workbench request will be there in the client after all your procedures.

Thanks,

Naveed

michael_dybevick
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think I was not clear.

I am not going to do a client copy, I just want to end up with an empty client - no transactional data.

I am only worried about workbench requests, not customizing.

Will the object lists of the unreleased requests be presereved and still point to all the cross-client objects (code and DD) that are not affected by deleting a client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Development work is client independent so no issue there, but if you delete a client how would you release the transports even the workbench ones ? In order to release the transport you have to have a client where the transport was created.

After deleting a client, the same empty client will be sourced from somewhere right.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Released transports will have no impact as the changes are recorded in the data and cofile at the OS level. As far as unreleased transports go the transport number will be there but the object in that transport might change based on the version that you are bringing in as part of source client.

The way would be to release the transports and after client copy import them back into the client.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed