cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transit time depending on requestede delivery day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I need to build a solution where the transit time (set on routes) will be different for the same physical route (not necessarily in SAP route) depending on what day the requested delivery date is. For example the transit time should be 3 days if the requested delivery date is a Monday, 4 days if the day is a Tuesday, 5 days if the day is a Wednesday but 1 day for Thursdays and Fridays. The only way I can think of right now is a custom solution with user exit in the sales order to make my own kind on route determination and there select a route with the needed transit time based on a custom table.

Any ideas?

BR

/Björn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Björn

Interesting situation. My solution would include the following:

1) Define Shipping conditions which may not be used in customer master, as follows: Example

M1- Requested Delivery Date Day (RDD)- Monday

T1- RDD - Tuesday

W1- RDD - Wednesday

TF- RDD - Thursday/Friday

2) Define multiple SAP routes for the same physical route ( Same start and End points) with different transit times and possibly different shipping types ( just to justify the differnt durations). Example

Physical route: Start Point: Copenhagen; End point: Esbjerg

Route ZRDDM1- Description- (Copenhagen- Esbjerg: RDD - Monday: Shipping Type:Express Truck ; Transit time = 3 days

Route ZRDDT1- Description- (Copenhagen- Esbjerg: RDD - Tuesday: Shipping Type: Regular Truck; Transit time = 4 days

Route ZRDDW1- Description- (Copenhagen- Esbjerg: RDD - Wednesday: Shipping Type:Train; Transit time = 5 days

Route ZRDDTF- Description- (Copenhagen- Esbjerg: RDD - Thursday/Friday: Shipping Type:Air Transit time = 1 day

3) Use some user exit during sales order processing ( e.g ; MV45AFZZ- USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK or MV45AFZB-USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK) to populate Header shipping conditions based on Requested Delivery Date day.

4) Now use standard route determination which includes shipping conditions as one of the access fields to drive to RDD based routes.

Alt. 2: You can use Function Module/User exit EXIT_SAPL0VRF_001 to carry out custom route determination in orders/deliveries etc, but I would go there as a last resort.

PS: I assumed you are from Denmark and used Danish cities in my example. You might as well be from Sweden, Norway or any other country for all you know. Don't mind the liberties taken.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your helpful answer. I can unfortunately not use shipping comnditions for this since these are already used in a more standard way...

I think we might solve it bya user exit overwriting the standard route determined with a route corresponding with the correct transit time.

BR

/Björn

PS I am Swedish but the cities in your example work for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Björn

You are a better judge of your situation. But mind you I am not asking you to chang customer masters to insert the new shiiping conditions, you will only use (change) them in the order to derive routes based on RDD. Consider it.

Answers (0)