Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery posnr with 9001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This might be very simple question.

When I create a delivery, I some time get the posnr as 10, 20 etc .. and sometimes .. i get posnr as 10,20, .. 9001, 9002 etc ..

please let me know, what does it mean when the posnr is in 9 thousand series,

Thank you in advance,

Anitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anitha

The 900001 series items are batch-split items which are essentially fictitious sub-items for the main items- 10, 20 etc. They are used to assign the batch # for the complete delivered quantity ( one batch) or part of it ( many batches).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anitha

I did not see the numbers you mentioned correctly. The 9001 series could be the items for handling units which are created when you pack the delivery items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CS,

Thank you for your reply. Yes it 900001 not 9001 ..sorry typo..

but this is not happening at Batch split, sometime, I see

Delv line item .. POSNR 10 does not have any confirmed qty but 900001 is having confirmed qty and I see a batch in 900001..

So I think it is not related to batch itself. maybe I am wrong ..

So what happens, if I have delv line item 10, which has 2 batches .. so will it be 900001 900002 for same 10 POSNR.

PLEASE HELP ME ..

Thank u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is batch split only as you are seeing the batch # there. If Item # 10 has 2 batches, it will have 2 batch split items 900001 and 900002.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And another way to confirm this is:

Double click on item 900001 to get into that items details. From the tabs above, click on 'Batch Split' tab, then you should get an error message saying" Item 900001 is a batch split item; batch splitting is not possible, =Message no. VL484". Try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. my question is answered.

Answers (0)