cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to conver the Date format from flat file to SAP BI or BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have flat file with date 30-Mar-10 how shold I convert this date to bw and also I need a colum in flat file with calendar year/month (like 201003) how shold I give this format in flat file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

In your type of date you hve three options:

1. As mentioned by everyone above , you can use Excel

2. You can use MS Access to convert the date and output it again as .csv

3.You can write a routine in Transfer Rule (3.5)/Transformation(7.0)

Apart from that there are couple of Convertion Routines available at infoobject level to convert external to internal (SAP) format and you can use them as well.

But, while using them make sure you add them as well in transfer structure(3.5) and Datasource Structure(7.0)

e.g.

Following External formats can be converted to Internal (YYYYMMDD) using RSDAT

DD.MM:YYYY

MM/DD/YYYY

MM-DD-YYYY

YYYY.MM.DD

YYYY/MM/DD

YYYY-MM-DD

Following External formats can be converted to Internal (YYYYMMDD) using SDATE

dd.mmm.yyyy

Following External formats can be converted to Internal (YYYYMMDD) using IDATE

ddmmmyyyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

you can write a routine next to the place where we select a path for flatfile and use the standrard SAP FM for converting date and time to BW format and load it

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this in Excel. You can open your file in excel, right click on the date column and say format cell. Choose yyyymmdd format and save as CSV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do these conversions at excel only. Convert the column storing 30-Mar-10 to yyyymmdd format. And insert a new column with yyyymm format and copy the contents form date column.

yyyymm conversion can also be done at BW level . Map 0CALMONTH object with date column. System will automatically take care of conversion.

- Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

one of the ways could be - open your file in Excel , add a new column and convert that in that colum. Delete old format column and save as CSV format.

Hope it helps

Vikash