cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign an interface to a particular queue

susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a proxy coming from PI 7.1 to ERP. The proxy comes into ERP in queue set XBTR, which I'm assuming is for inbound proxies. For this particular interface, I want to assign a particular queue or 2 just for this new interface because I want to set up a job that runs a program to reprocess errors in this queue...to avoid having to manually reprocess them in SMQ2. THe program I have found for this is RSQIWKEX. I think this will work, but I don't want to reprocess everything in the XBTR queues, just this particular interface. How do I do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can use "Queues for Prioritized Message Processing" capability of PI.

Go to SXMB_ADM -> Configure filter for Queue prioritization.

Please go through : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/04/827440c36ed562e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks,

Hetal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

It was confirmed queue priorization can only be done in PI but not ERP receiver.

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Susan,

Even though your call has been oepned three years ago, I am updating it :

We have a similar problem as you mentioned,

We have a proxy interface PI731---> ECC6 filling our inbound (smq2) queues on ECC side.

We would like to fill high priority queues XBTZ* on ECC side.

There is indeed plenty of documentation onm Queue prioritization , but whether or not it can be ndone on the integration engine (ECC)  this remains quite vague.

Did you find an alternative solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos
susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

Am I supposed to do this configuration in PI or on the receiving system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

This will be done in PI.

Regards,

---Satish

susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

It's still not working. I created a message filter in PI and was expecting my message to leave PI in the XBTZ* queue, but it's still in the XBTO* queue. Does this mean I could have possibly created my sender or receiver for the message filter incorrectly? Is there somewhere I can trace where it goes through a message filter or not?

susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, I found my issue with my message filter. It was in the receiver that I created. It seems to be working in that it's leaving PI in the XBTZ* queue as expected, but it still comes into the receiver on the XBTR* queue. I want it to come into the receiver in the XBTZ* queue. This is my whole intension...to have this interface in a different queue on the receiver side to allow this queue to autoprocess errors.

susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

I am now reading on other blogs that queue prioritization cannot be done on ERP system. How do I get my messages into the XBTZx queues on the receiver ERP system? Is this possible? If not, why does SAP say that XBTRx, XBTAx, and XBTZx are all EO queues of the Receiver? From what I can tell, everything goes to XBTRx on the Receiver.