Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partially Authorised Intersection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I have an issue when running a report. At present the report is desginated 'Cross Service' that is that it's available to many different levels in the organisation. It's restricted via a characteristic BCFDIRECT and when I run the report from a user that has access to a role that just contains this report and the relevant analysis authorisations assigned to it it works fine, albeit it does return data for all directorates.

However when this is assigned to a user who is restricted by directorate it fails. The error log is:-

Checked Set

0TCAACTVT

BCFDIRECT

NOT BCFDIRECT = 'ZCZBCCCGRPDC00'

AND 0TCAACTVT = '03'

Comparison

0TCAACTVT

I EQ #

I EQ 02

I EQ 03

BCFDIRECT

I EQ :

I EQ ZCZBCCCGRPDC00

The analysis authorisation for the directorate restriction has BCFDIRECT= ZCZBCCCGRPDC00 which is obviously where it's failing, but I need the restriction in there to prevent users seeing other directorate information.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the exat error message that you are getting? and you have given the value : to BCFDIRECT right?

Regards,

Manisha

0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Yes BCFDIRECT has access to the aggregated value (:).

The exact message I get from RSECADMIN is, initially, You do not have sufficient authorization EYE007. When I look at the log the inital message talks about the partially authorised intersection, this is because it's looking for BCFDIRECT as * within the SQL and then finds BCFDIRECT = ZCZBCCCGRPDC00.

The remaining SQL set is looking for NOT BCFDIRECT = 'ZCZBCCCGRPDC00' AND 0TCAACTVT = '03' which is the issue. It's not liking the fact that BCFDIRECT has a value.

0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

How has the authorization restriction been put in the query? Is it through a variable?

Regards,

Manisha

0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Please work with your BI consultants to setup a variable for info object BCFDIRECT. Ensure the following setting is enabled in the general setting of the variable.

Processing Input by = Authorizations.

If they are already aware how to set up authrization variables in a query, they will directly set it up for you.

This should probabely resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you add the three busniess content charactertics

OTCAACTVT

OTCAIPROV

OTCAVALID.

2. Copy OBI_ALL and add it to the user and check whether its giving u the same error. you can trace it out.

3.even if : (colon) is missing you will get EYE 007 error ( some combination is missing)

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BI via Tcode RSECADMIN create auth object to have info object BCFDIRECT

assign value to it and save

in RSECADMIN assign this auth object to user

Thanks