Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected check S_TABU_LIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I activated aut. object s_tabu_lin to restrict authorization on plant level for some tables/views.

The necessary organizational criterias have been created and activated.

But the check is also carried out for tables that have not been created as an org. crit.

How is this possible?

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check auth object exists in other roles, user have.

from that role, auth object gets require tables/views.

Regards

Nagaraju

0 Kudos

HI,

object s_tabu_lin isn't authorized in any other way.

THe user having the problem should not need authorization for this object but when executing transaction OIOB SAP checks on this object. This isn't correct. The check should should only be performed on certain z transactioncodes.

0 Kudos

Which table did you activate S_TABU_LIN for plants?

T001W has many foreign keys on it, for example...

T399I (my guess) is a check table behind the runtime object of the table you are experiencing this problem with.

Does it happen when the user hits F4 search help?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> The check should should only be performed on certain z transactioncodes.

Then create your own views, but you will have to live with limitations to what the transaction can do.

In this case I would suggest considering creating your own authorization object as well, if you do not want a standard object to "interfer" for ALL other contexts.

If you can find an existing object which already has the values you need, then consider re-using it but be carefull of future problems.

Authorization objects have "[semantic |http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic] value" - arguments which they are intended to negotiate in programs - and if you use them for conflicting use-cases then you have to live with the consequences in the long run.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.