cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bom in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

i created a sales order with main componet which is maintained BOM.I want to view the subcomponents for the main product in that sales order.where to see the components for that main product in that sales order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

my main material is 1569.sub items are 1570,1571,1572.

when iam createing sales order.when i enter main product iam getting warning like

"

Material 1570 is not copied from the bill of material.

Message no. V2003

Diagnosis

When the bill of material was exploded, it was established that no sales document item could be created for material 1570.

System Response

The system ignores the material during bill of material explosion.

Procedure

Check if the BOM explosion can be used without material 1570. If not, delete the main item which lead to the BOM explosion. You may be able to enter an item manually in which the material 1570 in the BOM is replaced.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Message no. V2003

I reproduce the explanation given In note 480829 for the above message.

Summary

Symptom

During the explosion of a bill of material, the system issues message V2003 "Material & is not copied from the bill of material.".

Other terms

V2 003, V2003, bill of material, BOM, explosion, subitem

Reason and Prerequisites

Basically, the system always issues this message if it cannot transfer the subitems of a bill of material to the sales document.

The most common causes are:

1. The material short text is not maintained in the language you use. This language can be, for example, the language of the sales organization or of the sold-to party.

2. The material has a sales status which does not allow sales.

3. The BOM component has product attributes, however, this is not allowed in Customizing of the order type.

Solution

ad 1)

In Transaction MM02 'Change material', maintain the material short text in the missing language.

ad 2)

Check the sales status. If the status was maintained as an error message, the component cannot be copied to the document. If the status was only maintained as a warning message, however, the component is still not copied, implement Note 157219 (valid up to Release 4.6A).

ad 3)

In Customizing of the order type (Transaction VOV8), check how the reaction to product attributes was set. If the 'ProdAttr. messages' field was set to 'Error message' (value 'B'),the component cannot be copied. If, however, the field has the specification 'Warning message' (value 'A') or 'No message' (value ''), the component is copied.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the Materia master - Item categries group in Sales :Sales Org 2 should be ERLA

Regards

Senya

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Structure scope of your Item category of both main and sub item.

I would suggest you to choose B-Explode multi-level bill of material in your BOM Item category.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

i maintained uall in VOV8,Even i am not able to get list of components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check these notes:

Note 901452

Note 901457

Note 454937

Note 549341

Hope it helps

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you enter main item automatically sub items will come if not coming go to vov8 select uall option in display rnage tab.

Regards,

Suresh