cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPN valuation

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am working on FMEA and assigned Defect, Effect, Cause and Detection method. But I am getting an error when RPN is calculated, it is not considering valuation given for Detection. It considers only Valuation from Defect (severity)* Effect (severity)* * Causes(Occurance).

Do i have to do any configuration, so that system takes detection instead of defect valuation value in RPN calculation.

Another question is who will maintain Business Partner in SAP, is it coming from HR?

In FMEA we could find BP roles which are to be assigned.

Thanks

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

No conifguration is required to get your RPN. If you have your own valuation profiles , then you have to define and assign them in config.

There is no way system will take the points assigned in defect into consideration for rpn calculation. If no Target points given in the detection, then system will look for the best valuation based on the config settings. check you have given proper values in cause (occurence) , detection action (detection) and effect (severity). And also make sure you have checked the valuation enetered box, if not RPN wont get calculated.

Please attache your FMEA screen shot with the values you have given, so that anyone can help you what went wrong with your calculation.

Please check my previus replies for more info on RPN.

cheers,

Ram

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram,

RPN is working fine. But issue with PDF form.

I am facing a "Run Time Error" while trying to save or attach my FMEA in a PDF format. Could someone help me in resolving this issue.

Information on where terminated

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "CL_PLM_AUDIT_FORM_MA

in "SAVE_DATA_AS_PDF".

The main program was "CL_PLM_FMEA_APPLICATION=======CP ".

In the source code you have the termination point in line 32

of the (Include) program "CL_PLM_AUDIT_FORM_MANAGER=====CM00D"

Plz propose some somution to avoid this. I am unable to generate FMEA in PDF format.

Any notes needs to be applied?

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on Jun 7, 2010 10:24 AM

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on Jun 7, 2010 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Are you able to see the preview before saving?

I faced error when i try to convert the FMEA into PDF.

Regards,

Anil

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am not able to see the preview. And if I try the PDF, runtime error is happening.

I could see only header level of FMEA form and when I go to print preview,System form is not displaying even after assigning printer.

And when I go for Save or Attachment, it results in run time error.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth,

Your issue is technical with respect to the JAVA stacks needs to be installed. I also came across the same issue and asked basis consultant for installing JAVA stacks.

Kindly check with your Basis consultant and revert back.

Regards,

Anil Mahajan.

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ram and Anil,

Is this Java stacks and ADS connections are same or two different activities I need to do. I will speak with my Basis team and get back incase of any doubts.

Thanks

Vineeth varghese

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anil and Ram,

The form error is resolved now, by working with Basis guy.

Actually, he had installed Adobe in EP and required some configuration from his side for RFC and all for linking EP installation to ECC 6.0 in the case of Adobe forms. Once its done, it is working fine.

How to get correct template for FMEA.

Thanks and Regards

Vineeth Varghese

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on Jun 10, 2010 6:10 AM

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nil

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on Dec 6, 2010 1:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The FMEA and Control Plan forms are Adobe forms. SAP delivered these forms only as Adobe forms, smart forms are not supported.You need to have ADS connection in order to see the print preview or printing the forms.

Please check with your basis team about ADS. I think you will not get any error once ADS connection is established.

Thanks,

Ram

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I am not getting the right teplate in display of form.

The templatre is showing fields like, Potential effect, potential defect, potential defect causes, Preventive action, detection action, RPN and R/N.

Template name showing as System from FMEA VDA 96. How can I get QS9000 form?

The existing template is showing Severity, Cause, Occurance and Detection and RPN.

While standard QS form should have S* O *D for RPN.

Also the fields for function is missing in template.

Plz gude me so I can get the right template.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineeth,

In the FMEA - go to header, click on print preview - on the top you have theree options - the first one is to select the form , second two tabs are pdf related. Open the first tab and select the required form. Two options are available - PLM_FMEA_VDA96 & PLM_FMEA_QS9000ED3. slect the required form.

The default forms comes from your config settings. SAP delivered application has PLM_FMEA_VDA96, if you want you can assign PLM_FMEA_QS9000ED3. To do this go to FMEA - control data - data objects: properties , Forms - assign the required form against FMEA.

Some of the fields in the forms are in German ( I think in form -PLM_FMEA_QS9000ED3). SAP has released notes, check for the releavnt OSS notes. We did apply them, but I dont remeber those numbers.

I am not sure how your client requirements are. But, I can say the SAP delivered application has lot of bugs and far below the current industry FMEA practices. I may not be able to share everything, will try to share my experiences with other sap community as and when I get time and opportunity.

What about your client rquirements?

Thanks,

Ram

Edited by: ram on Jun 10, 2010 5:00 AM