cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Email Alert Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a UDF that does some field validation on the incoming message which calls the SALERT_CREATE function module if there are validation errors. Because the UDF calls SALERT_CREATE directly, it wasn't necessary to create a business rule.

The UDF is working perfectly and the alerts are also firing perfectly, but the problem is that we are receiving about 8 email alerts for the same error (message ID), and this only started happening recently i.e 2 days ago and the interface has been live for more than 6 months already.

The only place where I could find a possible cause of the problem was in the "Max. No. of Dels" field in transaction ALRTCATDEF. However, "Max. No. of Dels" is currently set to 5 and not 8.

Can you please let me know where else I can look to solve this problem? And why am I receiving 8 email alerts when the "Max. No. of Dels" is currently set to 5 and not 8 in transaction ALRTCATDEF?

Thanks and regards,

Brendon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be because of when ever your message mapping program fails, Integration Engine will restart the message automatically 3 times based on BASIS settings. So you are getting 8 alerts(5 are Max. No. of Dels according to Alert catagory + 3 are because of Integration Engine retries to send the message automatically).

Try to use Supress Multiple alerts option in Alert catagory and try.

thanks,

madhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your help

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you can send alerts from standard alert config rule

then you can select: "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule "

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/56/d5b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

but I don't know if this can be set up for non PI alerts

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk