Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quality samples during production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have 2 quires so please help.

1. I have a requirement that my customer (for costing reasons) wants to monitor the samples taken during production.

How can we monitor this....I tried to confirm scrap quantity @ the phase of quality, but confirming scrap is not allowed, beside, he needs to know the quality samples separately from the production scrap.

2. Another problem is the sample size in the inspection lot, lets say it was planned to take 3 samples but actually we took 4 samples, how can we update this number in the inspection lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Max

I think you have to use sample drawing procedure for this. Here you can draw sample planned as well as unplanned.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Max

Is it ok if the samples are accounted during 04 inspection ? There you have the option of posting quantity towards SAMPLE.

Even if the sample size was 3you can post 4 there in that option

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Sujit

There is no stock posting for inspection types 03

@ Gajesh

I have to use inspection type 03....as it is in process inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

So inspection type 04 will not solve your purpose?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Max,

Since you have no inventory while doing testing in the 03, it is, as you indicate, not stock relevant. As a result you can't track samples in the 03. This has to be done in the 04. What you might be able to do is create physical samples for the 03 inspections. Then when the 04 is done, you could maybe use a user exit to figure out the number of physical samples created, and post them to the sample qty in the 04. Maybe an exit could trigger a batch job to actuallly do the sample posting immediately after the lot is created by the GR so the user has nothing to do.

Another possibility, depending on your current design is to use the 04 early lot release functionality. I fyou can use that instead of the 03 inspections, you can have all your data in one lot and you can record sample usage in this lot. But it might be a workable solution depending on what you are currently doing with the 03's.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fire,

Do you know which user exit exactly is to be used for transferring the sample quantity from lot of origin 03 to lot of origin 04 ?

Another thing, isn't there any way to update the sample size calculated in the inspection lot ???

Regards,

MaX

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The exit depends on what you want to actually do and when. You may find that you need the exit to just kick off a program that runs in batch a few minutes later to do what you want it to to avoid locks. You could use and of the following possibly.

QPAP0001 Enhancement - plan reading

QPAP0002 Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection

QPAP0003 Conversion of sample unit of measure to material unit

QPGR0020 Customer Exit ExtensionParameter ALE Interface Code Group

QPL10001 QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

QPL10003 Sample calculation for inspection lot without plan

QPL10004 User subscreen for displaying additional data in insp. lot

QPL10007 QM: Inspection lot creation - change QM order type

Once the sample size is calculated I don't think there is a way to update it once resutls recordings have started.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I have a requirement that my customer (for costing reasons) wants to monitor the samples taken during production.

How can we monitor this....I tried to confirm scrap quantity @ the phase of quality, but confirming scrap is not allowed, beside, he needs to know the quality samples separately from the production scrap.

Can you not use the scrap filed in QA32 stock posting screen?

As it is different from the scrap which you carry out from production orders.

2. Another problem is the sample size in the inspection lot, lets say it was planned to take 3 samples but actually we took 4 samples, how can we update this number in the inspection lot.

Can you not use the sample filed in QA32 stock posting screen?