cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see the imported objects!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement of moving the XI contents developed under one namespace in a software component SWC1 to the same namespace under other software component SWC2. I exported and imported the file successfully. I can see the imported file and the imported object list from path Tools -> Find transport. But i could not see the imported objects under namespace SWC1.

Names of Namespaces are same but software components names are different(SWC1/SWC2). Is this causing the problem?

Can anybody figure out what could be the problem?

Regards.

Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi there.

According to your system, apply the note below:

#1152640 - SAP NetWeaver 7.1 including EHP 1: Importing ESR content

#705541 - XI 3.0 (SP1 and higher): Importing XI Content

#836200 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0: Importing Process Integration Content

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I exported and imported the file successfully.

this is the issue - you don't do it using file transports but using Transfer design objects (called release transfer in the older PI)

you can find it the tools menu in IR/ESR

this way you can move objects between SWCV if they have the same namespace without using files

let me know if this worked for you

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal...for your reply.

Actually.. We have developed the contents on our company's server . We need to deploy same contents(developed on our server) on Client's server but client is asking for using its own software component rather than using our default SWC under which we have developed our contents. Hence software component names will be different. We are transferring contents across landscape using file method.

To test this thing i imported the contents of a namespace from one software component to other software component but the problem is coming.

Please guide me about the process with which i can achieve this.

Thanks.

Shekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you transferred the objects and activated all the objects. please look in the Standard Change List of the user and activate the objects afetr transferring to the new user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't see the imported objects coming with the file under change list. I can only see them under transport list.

Thanks.

Shekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In what user are you checking the imports. They must be in cmsuser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to Cache problems this issue can come..i have faced few times...refresh your cache and try after some time by redoing the transport. It will work.

Thanks,

Sreejith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am checking it for the user using which i imported the objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helooo,

>>Actually.. We have developed the contents on our company's server . We need to deploy same contents(developed on our server) on Client's server but client is asking for using its own software component rather than using our default SWC under which we have developed our contents. Hence software component names will be different. We are transferring contents across landscape using file method.

Then you can do one thing here,

1) Create your SWCV and clients SWCV in SLD

2) Now Export your SWCV from your server and Import .TPZ file into Clients Server ( by this Objects will be imported under your SWCV)

3) Now you can use the Release Transfer from your SWCV to client's SWCV by having the same Namespace

4) And finally delete Your SWCV from landscape itself

Regards

Edited by: Suman gupta on Jun 3, 2010 10:43 PM