cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection points creation - User Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurrus,

We want to create few Inspection points when the system creates the Inspection lot (when we get into result recording we will see the Inspection points)

We used User Exit:QAPP0001 and BAPI: BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS.

The problem is that the program doesn't enter this enhancement when we get into transaction QE51N.

We saw that if there is already IP, it enters into the User Exit and performs the creation of Inspection points properly.

Our questions: Is there another user exit or BADI to create inspection points with creation of inspection lot?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For your requirement use the BAPI, 'BAPI_INSPPOINT_CREATEFROMDATA'. This will solve your purpose.

The advantage with this BAPI, you just need to give insppoint details like inspection lot, inspection operations and some user identifiers.

Don't forget to use 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT' after calling the former BAPI. Then only the system saves the inspection points in the DB.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eitan

Please check whether this BADi QM_IDI_INSPPOINT is going to help you in any means

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gajesh,

Thank you very much for your help.

We went to a different direction. We thought about using the FM: QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE.

In the documentation, I saw that this FM is running for production, but I'm not sure if I can use it for Plant Maintenance when the Inspection point identifier is defined for Equipment (IP type = 1).

My question: Can I use this FM ?

We will create our own Function with this copy model function.

By the way, I put breake point in this function but nothing happen.

Thanks in advance,

Eitan

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to use that FM. But you need to modify it for each type of inspection point.

When you said you put in a breakpoint and nothing happenned... Had you configured your copied FM into the inspection point config? Each IP identifier can have there own set of FM's attached. You must put your custom FM in there in config.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FireFighter,

what do you maen :" you need to modify it for each type of inspection point"

I create the FM: YQAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE, and assign it to my IP Identifier (with IP type-1)

Do I need to create new IP Identifiers with IP type 2 and 3 and assign this FM?

Thanks a lot,

Eitan

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm assuming you are using the IP identifer 300 for equipment as found in standard SAP configuration. If you double click on entry 300 in configuration you will have another screen, one with a tab labelled Function Modules. In here you would assign your custom FM YQAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE.

Since each IP identifer can have different combinations of idendifers, the FM to pre-create inspection points has to be adapted to each inspection point identifer to fill in the proper fields with the proper values.

You could have multiple inspection point identifers set up for equipment. For instance, you could activate user field number length 3 and require an employee's ID number be enterred. In this case your FM to pre-create inspection points would have to fill that field with some value to pre-create the point. Maybe it looks up the employee ID in HR or from Z table.

For another identifer, you might activate user field Date and user field time. You might want an IP every hour for 3 hours. So your FM would have to fill these fieds.

So, typically, you need a unique FM for each inspection point indentifer where you want to pre-create IPs.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FireFighter,

Thanks again for your explanations.

We looked at the program and found that ths program will get into the FM if the Inspection point tye is not 1, 2 or 3.

IF qals_wa-stat13 IS INITIAL

CALL FUNCTION 'QAFD_TQ79_READ'

If I understand correctly, we can't use this FM to create multiple Inspection point for equipment, Functional locations or samples.

If you think about different way- we will be happy to hear.

Thanks,

Eitan

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But that check is in the FM QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE correct? If you are copying the FM and making it your own, you can remove the check.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eitan,

You are correct. Automatic creation of inspection ponts for equipments, functional locations and physical samples is not possible with the FM - QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE. Even if you put your own logic to by pass the check for inspection point type, you can not assign the FM in config aganist the inspection point identifier - system does not support it. I am sure you have to look for other alternatives than using the FM and config.

I will share if I get any idea on how you can achieve this.

Thanks,

Ram

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting. I've only set the FM up for free inspection points. I'm surprised SAP disallows this since you can add in other user fields to be used in conjunction with these other type of inspection identifier types. I would think you'd want to be able to pre-fill these fields in some circumstances.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for the quick response.

My situation is that: I want to record results for Calibration in transaction QE51N for equipment in few permanent points.

That's why I'm trying to create automatic Inspection point when we release Maintenance order and creating the Inspection lot.

We want that our users will get list of the Inspection Points (with specific values in the userfields) when they will open QE51N.

If there are different ways, we will happy to hear.

Thanks

Eitan

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please describe for which process you want to do this enhancement.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for the quick response.

My situation is that: I want to record results for Calibration in transaction QE51N for equipment in few permanent points.

That's why I'm trying to create automatic Inspection point when we release Maintenance order and creating the Inspection lot.

We want that our users will get list of the Inspection Points (with specific values in the userfields) when they will open QE51N.

If there are different ways, we will happy to hear.

Thanks

Eitan