cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handlers set inside servive does not work (SICF)

ArtiBhat
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have set the Handler inside the Handler list tab of Webdynpro ABAP service via SICF transaction.

I had kept the breakpoint in the handler and my expectation was that at runtime While opening the Application it will stop there.

I tried many times but it never went inside the Handler. Is this the known bug or do I need to do someting extra to enable the handler?

Best Regards,

Arti.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You shouldn't change the handler class of an SICF node that runs under the Web Dynpro ABAP framework. That isn't the purpose of the handler class. Handler classes are for low level processing of the HTTP Request/Response object when not using a higher level framework such as WDA or BSP.

What exactly are you trying to acomplish here?

ArtiBhat
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have the requirement in my project to "Restore the old data" on Restore button click.

So we were thinking we will refresh the whole page and via url parameters we can decide which data to restore.

Our intention was to force the new url in the same window rather than opening the new window.

If you know any way to do this, i would request you to let me know.

In short , is there any way to refresh the running Application?

Best Regards,

Arti.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
ArtiBhat
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the exit plug to log out from the Application. I don't think this is nice idea.

Best Regards,

Arti.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> I don't think this is nice idea.

What exactly do you mean. It seems to perfectly match the requirements you listed. It allows you reload the current application in the same window?

The other approach would be to build this in within the application itself. Just navigate back to your start view and reload the data into your context (using coding clear any temporary work).

Either way a service handler isn't the answer.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Some years ago, when the world was still young, we used (abused?) interface IF_OS_CLONE (see class CL_OS_STATE for a sample implementation) to create a copy of an object that stored all the data directly after it was read and simply replaced the object with its "backup" when original data needs to be restored.

If you use an assistance class to store the relevant data you could try this approach for resetting. Could be a little risky to use the system-call since there is no public API and I don't think it would be possible to restore other references, but you could give it a try.

Regards,

Alej

PS: If someone knows a state-of-the-art solution for cloning an object, information about that are also much appreciated!

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

More recent posts suggest adding the interface IF_SERIALIZABLE_OBJECT to your class and using the CALL TRANSFORMATION command to convert the instance of the object into XML.  You can later restore the XML back into an object instance.  You can even store the XML object instance to a database.  Just search SCN for more details.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SICF transaction -> choose your service

choose menu option Edit->Debugging->activate debugging

Abhi