cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal enterprize 8.0 on windows 2008 R2 (IIS 7.5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to install Crystal Enterprize 8.0 on Windows 2008 R2 which that IIS 7.5. I am getting these errors:

1. No compatible web server found

2. Error 1920: Service 'Crystal Cache Server' failed to start.

3. Error 1920: Service 'Crystal Report Job Server' failed to start.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? (I already tried adding exceptions to Data Execution Protection) Also which latest product (crystal) would be equivalent to Crystal Enterprize 8.0 so that I can upgrade the product, if needed.

We have a web application which is accessed by Intranet users and that has crystal reports.

Thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Crystal Enterprise 8 is an old version and for this reason does not support Windows Server 2008; Crystal Enterprise was replaced with Crystal Reports Server.

The version that currently supports Windows Server 2008 is called Crystal Reports Server 2008 V1.

Please note that Crystal Reports Server 2008 should be used with Crystal Reports 2008 V1.

Crystal Reports Server 2008 and Crystal Reports 2008 have new functionalities; I would suggest testing them. There are trial versions available at http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx

Documentation is available at http://help.sap.com/ - Area: SAP BusinessObjects -> All Products

Selenia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selenia,

Currently we are using Crystal Enterprize 8.0 and Crystal Developer 8.5. Do you mean they should now be upgraded to Crystal Report Server 2008 and Crystal Report 2008 respectively? I mean, we will need to upgrade both products in order to make it work for Windows 2008 R2, right?

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Yes, Crystal Reports Server 2008 works with Crystal Reports 2008; in addition, both products should always be aligned to the same patch level.

However, please note that both products do support Windows Server 2008 but they do not support Release 2 yet. Release 2 should be supported shortly (probably with Service Pack 3).

Crystal Reports has changed a lot since version 8.5; I would strongly recommend testing the trial versions first.

Selenia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Selenia,

Your inputs will be really helpful.

Regards,

Sam

Answers (0)