cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting workflow in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM 5.0, we could restart workflows manually with triggering an event of the BOR object manully.

Is there any similar way of doing it in SRM 7.0? This is sometimes required, for example why the approver rules are changed and some more reasons. The first level does sometimes delete the active workflow and starts a new one.

I tried triggering the event "READY_FOR_WORKFLOW" of class "SAPSRM/CL_WF_PDO" by passing the GUID of the shopping cart and also passing event container value of Initiator. the workflow is started and it is going to error.

Can anyone help in this case ? Any other way of doing it?

Thanks,

Sivagami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a note 1458380 for restarting the PC workflows. But still it is in pilot stage. It has set of code to cancel current instance and restart the new instance.

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM 7.0, If you're using process control workflow then there is a BADI available to restart workflow.

BADI name is Manage Process Restarts

Interface name :/SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_PROC_RESTART

Method : VALIDATE_RESTART.

Filter Type: Use your BRF's Process Level Configuration name.

Thanks,

R Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I want to manually restart the workflow (for eg by using SWUE transaction).

Any help on this?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some custom code to restart workflows in SRM 7.0. But I believe the standard must offer a standard tool to restart workflow instances for technical administrators. All workflow I know can be restarted with standard tools. In most cases this is possible with triggering an event.

For example a new Shopping cart workflow could be manually triggered in SRM5 with the standard report u201CBBP_PDH_WFL_DB_UPDATE_BACKu201D. I believe trigger a bus2121 is also possible in the meantime. What program should a customer use in SRM70?

Thanks,

Sivagami