cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we import multiple language descriptions in Hierarchy tables of MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using MDM 7.1 SPS4 and working on the Vendor Repository standard content.

My source file of Regions table contains data in multiple languages for each region record. All the required destination language fields have been mapped properly in the standard map. Import action is set to 'Create' for new records and 'Update Mapped only fileds' for existing records. Matching criteria has Name<English> filed defined in it.

However, after importing these hierarchy records, in data manager only the Name description of English is populated while all other language descriptions for the same record is shown in Red (i.e not populated with the expected data).

Is this a limitation of MDM itself or am I missing some setting?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

steps for importing into hierarchy tables

To add new multilingual records:

1 If necessary, create the hierarchy from the current language layer Name field that contains the hierarchy information (e.g. using the Split Hierarchy command).

2Map the current language layer Name field and then Map/Add the entire set of hierarchy values.

3 Map the other language layer Name field(s). No value mapping is necessary.

4 Map the [Remote Key] field.

5 Record match using: (a) the Name field; (b) the [Remote Key] field (if the Name field was not value mapped); or (c) the combination of both.

To update the language layer of existing records:

Map the other language layer Name field(s). No value mapping is necessary.

Map the [Remote Key] field.

Record match using the [Remote Key] field and set the import action to Update (All Mapped Fields).

Just try and if you need any other info then please get back to me.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elizabeth

Please check next two conditions

1) name field length should be equal longest of all multilingual names

in some version of SAP MDM we lost some names during the import because names lenght was more than field lenght

2) you don't import records with dublicates

i believe, Name is unique field therefore all names by another languages should be unique too

if import manager found duplicates in other multilingual names(not main language) thats record will be add but thats field will be empty

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka