cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle SAP Bundle Patches (SBP) on SAP system running on SUN Cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed Oracle SBP "SAP_102044_201005_SOL64.zip"; on ECC6 system running on SUN Cluster.

The installation completed successfull without any errors.

Some of the postimplementation tasks for SBP include recompiling view in the database by running sql statements in upgrade mode, for example @view_recompile-jan2008cpu.sql

In order to start the Oracle in upgrade mode "STARTUP UPGRADE" I need take the SAP system from cluster control.

The problem is I cannot run some of these scripts when the system is not running under the cluster control. It creates system dump BUS ERROR as soon as I execute the script from SQLPLUS. This error does not happen when the system is running under cluster control. When I remove the system from the cluster control I can manually start Oracle and SAP and logon to the system without any issues, but when I run these scripts - the sqlplus terminates immediately with bus error dump:

Offset=7077902 bytes to read=4

Begin Dumping 8.0 format image

Version Offset: 4 Value: 2

Flags Offset:5 Value: 0

Prefix Segment Offset: 6 Length: 0

Data Segment Offset: 222 Length: 212

Image Offset: 0 Length: 222

0 00 00 00 de 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 d4 ae 9a [................]

0X10 00 01 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 2b 00 00 00 34 00 6c [.....$...+...4.l]

-

Call Stack Trace -

Bus Error (core dumped)

Something is missing when I remove the system from the cluster control, but I am not sure what exactly.

I am using SUN SAP Cluster procedures to enable and disable the system from the cluster control.

Any thoughts are very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Val.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been resolved by upgrading the Oracle client software