cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter-company Inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Need your advice in SME Please. We have two company code. We are planning to use one Plant Master inspection charat for the next plant in the Inspection plan . Means same group and same group counter will be used for both the material in the Material assignment tab with different plant assignment .Any one experienced this type of business requirement.

What is the pros and cons ?. Any input will be highly appreciated

Thanks,

Nic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nic

Once you get the warning message please click on the (?) button where SAP has given an explanation of the Warning message

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any SAP document link or notes reference for that please ?

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nic

SAP recommends to use the inspction plans for a plant included in the same company code. Assigning a plant of different company code will give this warning.

But still you can go forward in this

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Input, I am getting a warning message while assigning the same group for different plants , such us Group counter belongs to different company code .

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, when you use the plan across company codes you can get that message.

I've never run into any issues however by sharing the plans. But I beleive the error from SAP is due to costing. Since you can use the plans, operations and workcenters to collect costs, I beleive that is where you might have trouble with going across company codes. As long as you aren't tracking costs in your plans, you shouldn't have a problem.

The only issue you can have is if a person in plant A wants to change the shared plan created in plant B. the must be given securityfor plant B. You can create all the plans in a central, non-manufacturing or virtual plant, (like you should do for MIC's) and give lab managers/supervisors security to that plant. Or just create them any plant and give the right users access to that plant.

FF

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nick

1 ) I doubt only on the authorisation part in Result recording when using MIC of another plant. Rest Postings and vendor return will not be effected by any means

2) Also MIC wise analysis can be an issue. Please check that also

regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input . We don't have authorization for the w/c or Master inspection chars , but we have plant specific Master data such us material master. Any postings problem , recording results issue , Vendor returns issue ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No security issues for results recording. Security for recording results is usually maintained on a plant level basis with regard to the lot, not the characteristics. Security can also be done at the workcenter level if they are used.

FF

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nick

The Pros is that you can minimise the no of plans .

The cons can be if you are using workcenter in the inspection plan. If you suppose the workcenter you are using in the operation is of plant 1000, and you are having in the same plan material of another plant 1100, then authorisation issue will come then inspection lot of 1100 is cleared. The personnel in 1100 plant will not have the authorisation of workcenter of 1000.

I have come across this issue

Regards

Gajesh