cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about check po no in sales order type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD experts:

When creating sales order,i want to implement checking whether purchase order number exists,and giving the

waring message.

But In the Customizing of sales order type,it can only check with a error message or do not check.

In the std SD Customizing,how can it implement,pls give me some advice.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have done the settings at Sales Order Type then maintain the same Field VBKD - BSTKD in Incompletion Log also . Here select the Check Box under Warning Column.

Now it will show a warning if the same PO number is used by you while creation of Sales Order.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur:

Thank you for your reply.

Now i have set ' Check purchase order number' to 'A' in sales ordet type customizing,

and in the Incomplete log,select the Check Box under Warning Column for field VBKD - BSTKD.

But when i create sales order,it still give a error message,whether there any other reason?

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you kindly check & confirm the Error message number as it could be z Message.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur:

It gives Message no. V4 115.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly check following SAP Notes:

Note 325894 - No message if purchase order number already exists

Symptom: If the 'Check purchase order number' flag is activated in an order type, when you change the sold-to party, the system does not issue a message that the purchase order number is already assigned for this customer.

Note 63056 - Validation of PO number for sales order

Symptom: If the preparations for consolidation are activated in profit center accounting, the partner profit center for a sales order can, if necessary, be determined from the respective purchase order.

To do this, the purchase order number entered in the sales order for the corresponding customer is validated.

If this number has less than 10 digits, you need to enter the number with leading zeros.

Note 317029 - Bad performance in the sales order due to PO number check

Symptom: Long waiting times occur within the order entry because the system carries out a check to determine whether a document with the particular order type already exists for the relevant sold-to party.

All the above are under category of Program error.

Hope it assists you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to T Code OVAH & maintain as W against V4 115 as might be in your system , it could be maintained as E.

Bes tRegards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur:

It's really maintained as E in the systerm,it's OK now,thank you very much~~.

Hi JP:

Thank you also.

Answers (0)