cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation Project with ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm on Solution Manager 7 EHP1 SP 6 and all configuration work for ChaRM has been completed. I've been following the DEMOs from SDN and SOLMAN-RKT and with some exceptions (some steps/screens are either no longer required or assumed); which leads me to believe that up to this point everything is working as is it should.

I'm still a little fuzzy when it comes to Implementation Projects. I have the following questions:

1. How are Non-IMG changes (Workbench) assigned to a project.

a. solar_project_admin -> System Landscape -> IMG only create a Customizing Request

2. In the Normal Corrections Demo, corrections are initiated through CRMD_ORDER, is this so during an Implementation Project?

3. In the DEMO there appears to be a Workflow notification process between task, is this active by default?

I know that's a lot all at once, but I finally got some momentum behind this and I want to keep it going. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide; points will be awarded.

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fernando_rocha1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

1. How are Non-IMG changes (Workbench) assigned to a project.

a. solar_project_admin -> System Landscape -> IMG only create a Customizing Request

Once you have created a Change Request transaction (SDCR), you will be able to select the follow up change document, Normal correction (SDMJ) or U'gent Correction (SDHF) for example. Then you will create a transport request under this change document. This transport request will be available in the development system where you will perform your changes. For new objects the system will ask the transport request when you are creating the object, for changes in an existing object the system will ask for the transport request when save the change.

2. In the Normal Corrections Demo, corrections are initiated through CRMD_ORDER, is this so during an Implementation Project?

Yes, you can use CRMD_ORDER to create new change requests (SDCR) and select the Normal correction (SDMJ) in the subject field. Once this change request has been approved the Normal Correction will be created automatically. However you can create a new change request from a support message (SLFN) for example.

3. In the DEMO there appears to be a Workflow notification process between task, is this active by default?

I'm not sure if I have understood this last question, by default ChaRM doesn't have notifications. But you can setup this in the same way of support notification. Please take a look at the following link:

Sending E-Mail from Support Message

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

Best regards,

Fernando