cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i start doing SolMan integration with HP Quality Center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guyz,

I am new in this SAP field with zero knowledge on it and my first task being assigned to me is to integrate SolMan with HP Quality Center. So how do i start? What do i need to know before doing the integration? As iI know by far SolMan need to have QC adapter to communicate with HP Quality Center. What is the adapter anyway? Correct me if i'm wrong. Really need you guyz expertise on this. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks man~!! Now at least i understand the concept of it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP Solution Manager Adapter for SAP Quality Center by HP is an interface between

SAP Quality Center by HP and SAP Solution Manager. SAP Quality Center by HP extends

SAP Solution Manager testing capabilities u2013 together they achieve a full integration of test

people, test processes and test data in the SAP Solution Manager Application Management

Platform. The integration on SAP Solution Manager side is realized via the SAP Solution

Manager Adapter for SAP Quality Center by HP.

After installing the Adapter, please check the Note: 1285941 for the installation of EIM versions and Solution Manager versions.

Please refer how to guide in Learning Maps.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000706460&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...;

We have to check for the activation of SM_QC_AD Enterprise Addon from IMG activity SAP Solution Manager->Configuration->Scenario-Specific Settings->Activate

Solution Manager Enhancements.

Then follow the IMG activity transaction spro: Scenario Specific Settings-> Third Party Integration-> SAP Quality Center by HP-> Integration Test Management & Integration Defect Management.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Raghavendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

i got a problem viewing Note: 1285941. It requires me to enter username and password whenever i try to view it. Is it i need to register an account or something. Please help.

b.r

yiwen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need an S-user to view SAP notes. Ask your basis person to give you one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason~!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings!

Is this required to have license on both HP Quality Center and SAP SolMan for this integration?

I could extend one of my QC project with Enterprise Integration for SAP Application.

I have a license for "Enterprise Integration for SAP application (2.5.0.3089)" in QC; but when I select an option Tools> SAP Tools> Import Solution Manager Blueprint I am getting an error "The Enterprise extension is not enabled, or a valid license is not installed. Contact your site admin for assistance"..

Please let me know where i should provide SolMan server details in QC so it would connect to SAP SolMan.

Thanks in advance!

-Shakul

Former Member
0 Kudos

ST-QCA has to be installed on SolMan

EI Adapter on HPQC. EI Adapter version has to be 2.0 or above

Then log into the HPQC Admin Control Panel and enable the adapter post installation (if that does not happen automatically)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Invycktus

I have already installed EI Adapter (2.5) on HP QC. Please let me know how to enable the adapter post installation. Dont we need to provide Solution Manager Server details in HP QC?