cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display HTML files using ABAP Webdynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a html index file and a bunch of other files accessed by the index file in a specific directory on the SAP server. I'd like to display the index file via ABAP webdynpro and allow the users to click on what they need to see. How can I achieve this using utilizing the ABAP webdynpro technology ?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What exactly do you mean " utilizing the ABAP webdynpro technology?". You could just load the file in a BSP application and run it directly. What aspect of WDA do you need here? Do you want to run the HTML file in place inside a larger WDA application? If so, consider the iFrame UI element. Perhaps if you describe more what you want to do, you would get a better suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

I have the main html file and all other files needed by the main file in one directory on the application layer of SAP. I'd like to provide the user with a link, by clicking on which they should be able to get to the main html file using the browser. This is just a standalone application.

I can try the approach using BSPs, however, I'm new to that area. Could you point me in the right direction to get started?

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to use Linktourl element and give the url in the reference property

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

So you have the HTML files in the File System of the Application Server right now? Why not load them into the MIME repository or a BSP application. Then they will be served off the web server of the ABAP AS just like Web Dynpro pages. You will have URL that points to them that people can link to or you can navigate to from Web Dynpro or anything else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I loaded the files as MIME objects. There are .js, .swf,.xml files. They are all accessed by the .html file. When I open the.swf files, nothing happens. I have to generate a link for the html file to access the other files since that is how it works when accessed outside of SAP. Do I have to have any plugins installed for these files extensions to be recognized properly ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Plugins on the server or the client? No you don't need anything on the ABAP server. It just sends the files over HTTP. On the client - for a SWF - of course you need the Flash Player plug-in.

Check and make sure you have disrupted the directory structure the files are expecting. Make sure the HTML files are using relative URLs and not absolute URLs.