cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i want to implement a process in Guides Procedures.

Therefore I implement a WebDynpro, which has to be filled step by step in the workflow. Problem is that in step 1 only certain fields should be enabled, in step 2 other fields should be enabled, and so on...

Is there a clever solution, so that it isn't necessary to implement a WebDynpro for any step

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure I got the requirement..What is it you want to achieve?

With GP or Business Workflow you can create the backbone for a business process. After creating it, you can then visualize the different steps as Web Dynpro applications, R/3 transactions, BSP apps etc.

If you however just need a procedure for example in an approval application to review-decide-confirm, no guided procedures or workflow is needed, web dynpro will be enough.

Please return with more details so we can help you better.

Best regards,

Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikko,

In our enterprise we had a lot of documents, which were shared and approved in a predefined process. Today this way is old-fashioned.

But we want to keep this documents (in an electronical form) and share them with Guided Procedures.

For simple form you can use the templates in GP, but for extended forms we want to use the Web Dynpro Framework.

In this forms it shouldn't be possible, that a user can change all fields in this form, only this forms, for which he is responsible. Something like a growing form...

Is that enough, or do you need more informations?

Thanks and regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

thanks for the extra info.

I think you would be quite well off with one single form, be it an Adobe interactive form, a Web Dynpro or a BSP application. The form would just have to support different processing modes. I.e. in the first phase only the entry fields would be editable, in the approval phase the approver fields etc.

The processing mode would then dynamically entered by the Guided Procedure / Business Workflow's appropriate step. For example when there's a work item for review, you could pass indicator "E" to the form which would then hide the required fields appropriately.

Based on the information you have given, I think Business Workflow would better fit this. Guided Procedures isn't neither that mature yet and doesn't have so much existing functionality as wf. On the workflow user group there was also a comment, that

"For the moment think - multi-system/frequent business changes -> GP, single system/stable process/deep integration -> Workflow."

Best regards,

Mikko