cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View db alerts generated in planning book A from within planning book B?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a db alert macro implemented as a default macro in one of our SNP planning books/data view. This is correctly generating db alerts per the criteria coded into the macro. In Alert Monitor, the database alerts show the planning book (book A) and data view (view 1) from which the alerts were generated.

The planners monitoring this specific alert do not have/should not have access to planning book A and data view 1, but will have access to a different planning book (B)/data view (2) within the same planning area.

Is it possible to generate a db alert from a default macro residing in planning book A, data view 1 but have the db alert as viewed in Alert Monitor display a different planning book (B), data view (2) so that when the user launches Supply Network Planning by right clicking on the db alert, the user is taken to planning book B, data view 2 with the alert selection loaded?

In short, I need to generate db alerts via a default macro in one planning book/data view but must enable planners who monitor these alerts to do so in a different planning book, data view -- all within the same planning area.

I saw an earlier thread (id 4517019) that seemed to indicate this was possible to assign db alerts generated in one planning book to another planning book, but it was not clear how to implement this. We are on APO version 4.0. In the macro's Alert/status element properties I do see a section called 'Different Source' which allows me to specify a different planning book and macro. However, I do not understand how this is meant to be used and whether this will be useful to me.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!

- Heidi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heidi

We had a similiar requirement . But in our case we had to assign the alert to a different data view in the same planning book. Anyhow in the alert properties section(double click on the alert and you will see a window ) there is an option called "Assignment of DB alerts " . There you have to specify the target planning book and data view values . We use version 5. I hope the same functionality holds good for version 4 also.

Check this out and let me know

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saradha,

Thank you for your reply! I checked the various versions of SAP help and found that only as of Release SCM 4.1 can you assign the alerts that are generated in a planning book/ data view to another planning book/data view via the mechanism you explained. That tells me that perhaps in SCM 4.0 there is no straightforward way of doing this.

In 4.0, when I double click the macro alert element I see different attributes - one of them is in a section titled 'Different Source' and contains to fields - one that allows you to specify a planning book and the other to specify a macro in that planning book. I'm experimenting with that now to better understand what it's purpose is. If you have any idea, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks very much for your response!

Thanks,

- Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Heidi

I have a similar requirement and am too working on 4.1. Did you manage to get the requirement with the attributes that you identified in alerts? If the answer is yes, can you share your learning and the configurations that you made to achieve your requirement?

Rgds, Sandeep