cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo - Agent Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody explain how to export the agent instance configuration from one PCo and import into another?

Regards,

Chanti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I only have PCo 2.1 but this is the procedure:

From Management Console, select File, Import/Export

In pop up window, select Export Agent Instances. In the Right-hand pane, check the instance(s) you want to export, then modify the name and location of where you want to store the export xml file. A password is required to save and retrieve the file.

I usually export agent instances one at a time. Exporting the agent instance also includes the source and destination agent definitions as well, so If you import an instance that uses an existing source or destination agent it will offer a conflict resolution window where you can choose to use exsting agents or create new ones.

- Steve

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, make sure that you import into the current or newer version of PCo, I don't think you can export newer and import to older version.

The PCo configuration is stored in Configuration.sdf (SqlCE) database file. when Management Console is not running you can copy the file to a backup location for recovery purposes. Again, do not mix Configuration database versions.

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the Source and Destination systems? Does it prompt to define these systems when importing? Or do we have to have those defined before importing?

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will create both the source and destination systems if they are not already created. If they are already created, a resolution window will pop up with a list of the existing objects and offer to either use the existing object or create a new one.

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

The import/export feature is acting wierd. It exports/imports all the agent instances from one source system to the other. And any changes like 'deleting an agent instance' in one source system affects the other one that it was exported from / imported to.

Have you noticed similar things as well?

Answers (0)