cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Adapter (Sender)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The usual scenario and setting for an FTP adapter (sender) to trigger an event if there are no files being picked up? If it's possible, how will I do it?

Cheers,

R-jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can elaborate your requirement of why you need to trigger an event if no files are been picked up.

Alternatively, if you are trying to achieve stability on knowing when to be picked up or not, you can use availability time planning in communication channel screen where you can just schedule at intervals to pick up files.

Regard

Krish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you already know, it is not possible via standard PI functionalities.

If you really want some work around, I have a couple of options.

1. Use a script scheduled at OS level to look for the availability of the file and write an error file in some location.

Use a different interface to read this file and use mail adapter as receiver to throw an error message.

2. Use RFC Lookup and update a ztable in PI (use message Id as key) to store the arrival time.

Use another report program scheduled to look into this table and generate an email if not found.

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

The usual scenario and setting for an FTP adapter (sender) to trigger an event if there are no files being picked up? If it's possible, how will I do it?

Why you want to run the process even if there are no files at the source?

On a different note, I don't think it's possible.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

I have my existing configuration the adapter finds a file, it will just delete the file since the target system is the one creating a log (let say) every 1min. My configuration is set to every 2mins to check the folder and if there's a file, the adapter just delete the file. Then if the adapter doesn't find any of the file, then it will create a target output to another directory informing that no files are found. I only create 1 log file and just append the new log (overwrite the file)

Sample (output): message.log

Server A: Critical. No file has been found

Server B: Critical. No file has been found

Server C: Critical. No file has been found

Someone will be looking onto this file and they will be creating like an automated alert.

Note: I'm not using the Alert Framework of SAP PI since it will only trigger on application level of PI. This will like monitor an external application Server.

Cheers,

R-jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello R-Jay,

Now your requirement is more clear.

Well, this cannot be achieved by any standard functionality. So, I would suggest that you write a script, which will check whether the source directory is having files or is empty.

If files are there, it will be processed as-is. If not, then create a file in the same directory with the message "No file has been found".

Hope this helps.

regards,

Neetesh