cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an requirement to schedule a Job with in a period of days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an requirement to schedule a Job with in a period of days like example the job has to run from start date 28.06.2010 to end date 17.07.2010 at 7:00 PM daily.

Can you please suggest me how to schedule this type of task.

I have tryed to schedule the Job using Scheduled start and No Start After for testing, where I have given like below.

Scheduled start = 30.05.2010 14:00:00

No Start After = 02.06.2010 00:00:00

The first job is trigger at 14:00, and for the next day job also triggered at 14:00 on 31:05:2010 but the "No Start After" has changed to 03.06.2010 00:00:00.

I hope I have done in wrong method.

Experts can you suggest me on this please.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsheedhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to use "No start after" for certains jobs like at the end of the day a job is running to collect all full day data i.e 23:50 or 23:55 and if due to any reason tht job fail then the job should not run again

(example: if the system went down at 23:45 and when the system is back at 1am then all the job which are in the status released between 23:45 will start automatically once the system is ready). So its of no use for this kind of job to run next day and if it ran then inconsistencies will form.

so we use feature No Start After will help them to prevent this running in next day.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirement cannot be met with standard SAP functionality. This is a technical dead-end

Pls refer to the following SAP Notes:

-

SAP Note 31503 - FAQ: Background jobs

9. Q: How can I set that a periodic job no longer runs as of a certain date?

A: This is not provided in the standard system. It can, however, be implemented with the function modules 'JOB_OPEN', 'JOB_SUBMIT' and 'JOB_CLOSE' (see Note 4751).

SAP Note 434011 - "no start to" restriction does not work

-

Your observation of 'no start after' getting incremented is correct and is intended system behavior

To meet your requirements you may use external scheduler tools like redwood as mentioned in SAP Note 4751

Former Member
0 Kudos
have an requirement to schedule a Job with in a period of days like example the job has to run from start date 28.06.2010 to end date 17.07.2010 at 7:00 PM daily.

If your requirement is as above, then you can achieve this by scheduling a job with below conditions.

schedule a job daily with start time 7pm and give no start after date as 17th July....it should work.

Hope you are getting confused with scheduling....as system will never change the no start date in a scheduled job.

Regards,

NIck Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Start After is applicable to the particular job not for repeated jobs.

So the repeated job has to increment the time to makesure the time matches with "start time" to "no start after".

This is a expected behaviour.

If you need to run your job at particular time for 3 days,with SAP Job scheduling you need schedule 3 jobs each one to point to one day.

Your expectation can be achielved if you use external scheduler such as CPS, maestro, ControlM.