cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity consumption of a multi-mixed resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a resource with 10 capacities. I created a recipe which has a run-rate of 100 CS per hour per each capacity. My total available capacity is 1000 CS/ hr. When I create an order for 500, I want the system to consume 5 capacities and when I create an order for 700 CS, system should consume 7 capacities.

Is there anyway I can model this? Thanks for your help

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Maintain variable capacity consumption for particular output quantity in PPM.

In your case maintain variable capacity consumption as 1 for output quantity of 100. In this case activity duration should be fixed it should not be variable based on quantity. Both variable duration and variable capacity consumption is not supported.

If you want to integrate this with R/3 you need to use user exit. For details follow the link

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=5CA3y7_LY2MC&pg=PA268&lpg=PA268&dq=CapacityconsumptioninPPMforamultiactivityresourceinAPO&source=bl&ots=xuV5mdDs7S&sig=WTr3VoRLvCt-F8HtWxuCkVQq4hU&hl=en&ei=s08HTLOVCIHBrAfD9umbAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBgQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

For this you should maintain lot size as 100 in product master and take finite scheduling run. Then it will schedule orders the way you want.

Regards,

Pankaj