cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwords for superdba/control accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

While trying to install NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial. The system prompts me to enter the passwords for superdba,control accounts. I did some research and used all suggested values (like admin/dba/control/dbm). It keeps rejecting & displays u201Cthe check of the control user password failed. Check logfile xcmdout.logu201D.

What sounds odd to me is I donu2019t even have the software installed why it asks me passwords for existing accounts ?

Anybody out there knows how to get around this problem ? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please have a look on below mwntion NOTE you will get Initial password of user superdba ,control.

[Note 212394 - DBM, DBA and Domain User initial password]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

Iu2019ve tried to access the note 212394 as you said at site websmp130.sap-ag.de. That site requires logon, but it keeps rejecting my user name/password that Iu2019ve been using here.

My question is to access that site, do I need a different username/password ? Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Jen

PS: I tried to register with SAP Service Marketplace (websmp130.sap-ag.de). It asks me for customer no. which I donu2019t have. Is this site a paid service ? Is there other way to read the notes ?

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 3, 2010 1:04 PM

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 3, 2010 1:25 PM

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

SMP access is only for SAP customer & Partner. I am pasting the content of NOte here.

* Database Manager User (DBM user): control

Initial password: control

He/she is responsible for monitoring and control of the database system.

Database Initial password: admin

* Database Administration User (DBA User): superdba

Sets the database system up, for example, creates new users. The DBA user is the owner of the system tables.

* Domain User: domain

Initial password: domain

He/she is responsible for the maintenance of the system tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned above, that was exactly what I entered: superdba/admin & control/control . It was rejected when I tried to install NetWeaver 7.01 (step define parameters).

I donu2019t understand why the database (maxdb) was not installed yet, but sapinst prompted for passwords ? But thanks anyway Singh.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 4, 2010 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I put my pc back to the factory condition. Reinstalled suceesfully Netweaver 7.01 Abap Trial, everything went too smooth. The passwords are working fine for these 2 accounts.

Case closed. Enjoy.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 14, 2010 8:43 PM

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 15, 2010 1:42 AM

Answers (0)