SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when budgeting for Funded Program in FMBBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have activated funded program in the spro config : Activate Account Assignment Elements and we wish to use funded program for minor projects. Apart from Funded program, we are using funds center for department budget.

when i budget for funded program in FMBBC along with commitment item I am getting an error as below.

Enter a funds center

Message no. FMKU031

My question is why should I enter funds center, i want to budget for funded program and through derive funded program for budget consumption.

Please advice what steps/configuration must be performed to resolve this as it is stopping testing.

Thanks and regards

Abishay Solomon

1 REPLY 1

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must use the following master data elements in Funds Management:

Commitment items

You use commitment items to map out functional units (expenditure and revenue structures) in a hierarchy. They divide up the content of the budget and the business transactions affecting liquidity into revenue items and expenditure items.

Funds centers

You use funds center to represent the organizational units (responsibility areas, departments, projects) of your organization.

See the online help:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca3480260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm]

So, you will need to use Commitment item and Funds Center along with your Funded Program

Kind regards

Mar