cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while Scheduling Archive Jobs from SXMB_ADM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am using this blog to delete and archive messages.

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-2

I have configured Retention periods from SXMB_ADM and there by scheduled Archive Jobs through SXMB_ADM itself.

Now when i check in SM37, after Archive jobs scheduled , i am not able to see 2 jobs as described in this Blog.

i am able to see only one Job with name "SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE200"

Please assist me what might be the problem

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Archive job SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE200 will itself create the 2 jobs , 1 for archiving messages and 1 for deletion .

Once u r archiving job is finished then the deletion job will start . Deletion job starts automatically if in archiving setting u have selected START AUTOMATICALLY option for deletion .

In SM37 , try searching the jobs with ARV* .

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you for replying. Once this SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE200 is finished, one more job has been generated

ARV_BC_XMB_WRP20100602112115. But this is not for deletion . it is doing archiving

When i check the log, SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE200 contains the program as RSXMB_ARCHIVE_PLAN

and ARV_BC_XMB_WRP20100602112115 job contains the program as RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES

There is no job generated for deletion of Archived ones.

>>Deletion job starts automatically if in archiving setting u have selected START AUTOMATICALLY option for deletion .

Could you please let me know where this should be done while doing Archiving jobs??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SPRO-> Cross-Application Components->General Application Functions->Mass Data Archiving-> Archiving Object-Specific Customizing

Select BC_XMB and change it . Under Delete Jobs select "Start Automatically " option . This will automatically trigger the deletion job(ARVDEL) once your archiving job is finished (ARVARCHIVE).

The messages archived using archiving jobs will be deleted using the consecutive deletion job.

Regards,

Ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I did as per you suggested above. and setup Archive jobs again.

This time also i did not get the deletion job automatically after the Archive job.

Archive job ran with 0 Archived messages. is this is the cause to not generate the deletion job automatically??

Because 0 messages have been Archived due to there is no messages as of now.

And also please check my screen which i have the settings as per u

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7262/archive.jpg

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Start Automatically should shedule the deletion job after Archiving job is successful .

Even though u have 0 messages archived , it will create the deletion job and 0 messages will be deleted .

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heloo Ganesh,

Then in my case why it is not getting generated 2nd job fo deletion of Archived messages

Any thing wrong from my Server end?? or some thing else

please suggest me..

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts friends....

Regards

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

The deletion job should be generated automatically.

TRy and reduce your retention period so that there are few messages for archiving and deletion and then schedule Archiving & deletion.

Also use RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS to check status of messages in ur Pi system.

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

i have the retention period as 7 days only.

But in my case i am not able to get the deletion job along with the Archive Job

What could be the root cause for this, Any thoughts???

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know the reason for this behavior. I just scheduled Archive Job and after that delete Archived files Job in SM37 and able to delete.

RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES

RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES

Regards