cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Plan Task List Intervals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if it is possible to create two task lists within an inspection plan, with the same usage, and have only one be active at a time depending in the date? The scenario is this...we have different specifications on a given product depending on the time of year (summer, winter, etc) and as opposed to manually setting one to "Q" (approved) and one to "HLD" I thought maybe there was some 6.0 functionality that would allow SAP to change this for me?

Thank you in advance!

vee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing along those lines. But here's another option for you.

Create two insepction types. For instance.. 04S and 04W. Assign each inspection type a different plan usage. In the summer, all the materials would have 04S activated as the preferred inspection type. In the winter, on the approriate date, use QA08 to change over all your materials to 04W which, since it has different plan usage, would use the "winter" inspection plan.

In the summer, on the correct date, use QA08 again to switch the materials back to the summer plan by activating and setting as preferred, the 04S inspection type.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you FF, I was hoping to avoid having any kind of maintenance like that but I think it might be my only option! Thanks!

vee

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey... its only twice a year! Better then reassinging materials!

And back in my day we didn't have no QA08!! LOL

Besides, you might not want to change these specs on the same day every year for all the materials. With global warming you might need to stay on the summer plan longer each year!

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are very right!! Thanks again! 😃

vee

Answers (0)