cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to give constant space in sap scripts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

In my requirement I am printing invoice line item details. In my program,I am printing 8 columns. How to give the constant space in my output.

My issue.: here am fetching Internal Excise Document Number (DOCNO) item number (zeile) plant (werks) quantity (menge) storage location (lgort) and so on.

when i am fetching the values from the table, the values are different from each and every rows. so nothing would be aligned properly into the column. For example, if the doc no is having 10 char,from item no all the values of the column is getting moved to right side. in my second row doc no is having only 2 chars. in this case every column value is moving left side. its looking like realigned and not good.

How do i give constant space for each and every column. so if the values are more or less it could not be moved to any side.

please hellp me to solve this issue.

<MOVED BY MODERATOR TO THE CORRECT FORUM>

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandy.

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Sep 28, 2011 3:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shishupalreddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have HEADER of the coloumns (I mean Col descriptions) Based on that decide the TAB positions with intn eh PARAGRAPH format . Better use separate Para formatt ofr this .

CHECK TAB SPACINNG ONLY WITHIN PARAGRAPPH FORMAT

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out ur tab positioning in paragraph format...any misalignment is their or not.

second thing you can do is checkout your printer i.e zebra printer or .matrix etc. your using sometimes misalignment happens

in printer..or print some sample values for verifying the root cause .

regards,

KRISHNA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I have faced this situation long back.

The trick lies in the tab spacing. and then choosing various option like currency/centre or right etc.

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

with which program are printed the 8 columns? Can you please give some lines of code?

Regards,

ScriptMan

Edited by: ScriptMan on Jun 3, 2010 12:06 PM