cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented CCM 2.0 and have uploaded all the catalogs in the Dev system.

Now supplier has updated the catalogs via deleting some items in the same.Please let me know is it possible to delete the catalog items via Upload functionality.

We are aware that the catalog content can be updated but not sure on the deletion part.

We are using SAP CSV 2.0 format for catalog upload.

What we want to achieve is that by a single upload the catalog items are deleted as well as updated.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Murli.

Edited by: Murli123 on Jun 2, 2010 2:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CSV there is no 'update' mode, however, it is allowed to overwrite. So you load the csv file with operator FULL in the header and in the content part you have the data which you want to see in the catalog, i.e. if you are deleting something, it then should not be in the new upload file!

So performing this action deletes all the 'old' data and loads the data contained in the latest upload file.

Regards

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason for the valuable Inputs.

I n case I select the Language as French but still I can see some of the tabs and options appearing in English language in CSE

Any solution for this pls.

Thanks,

Murali

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murli,

This is a very different issue

The generic texts in the CSE are defined by OTR objects and can be reviewed in SOTR_EDIT, here you will see the various texts for relevent CCM packages and whether they have any language translations.

If the texts appear in both french and English in this transaction you can update the OTR buffer by the command /$otr and if this does not work there is a report, something like SOTR_DEFAULT_CONTEXT_SET or similar which can be run and restores the default OTR texts for packages, running it does not cause any harm.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason.

Am getting the error as below while executing the initialization report in Dev Box in CCM. Report Name:/CCM/INITIALIZE_CME

Error when initializing predefined characteristics and data types

Initializing characteristics and data types for catalog type 01

Data for set CME_ST_FORMAT may only be changed in the original system XXXXXC007

Internal error

Error when updating data type /CCM/AMOUNT

Error when initializing predefined characteristics and data types

Pls help

Edited by: Murli123 on Jun 3, 2010 9:22 PM