cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Message type from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sending idoc type ORDERS05 from XI. Previously, I had set up message type ORDERS for this IDOC in the partner profile. But then I changed message type to ORDRSP, and process code ORDR for inbound idocs. I've also set message type ORDRSP for IDOC type ORDERS05 in WE82 message type - idoc type linking.

But for some reason, the IDoc is looking for message type ORDERS and not taking message type ORDERSP, and it is erroring in SAP, when I view the status of the IDoc it says that EDI Profile ORDERS Message type was not found.

So my question is - is this message type for an idoc type to be used passed somewhere from XI, do I have to make a change in XI side, or SAP side.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check the MESTYP field in your incomming IDOC

it needs to have ORDRSP and not ORDERS

is this what you're looking for?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just didn't think of that one Michal...too good

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should work now:)

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Point noted

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

The mestyp is ORDERS and not ORDRSP. Do I need to do this change in XI. I don't know how it is picking up this ORDERS message type. I'm not passing it in XI...

Vijay

Message was edited by: vijay srikanth

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes you need to change it in the XI

can you put it in the mapping and check?

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Change the Message Type in your Control Record in XI and then in your IDOC adapter , Select the option Apply COntrol Record From Payload.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya but where and any idea why it would pick up ORDERS message type on it's own.

I think I need to do the change in the EDIDC segment if I'm not wrong.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

any clue why it would pick up ORDERS message type on it's own...

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but did you have a look at EDI_DC40

in you idoc mapping what is filled in?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've disabled EDI_DC40 when sending the idoc, even then it was picking up ORDERS message type on it's own.

I was wondering what would be TABNAM in EDI_DC40 segment.

All other fields are easy to fill...

Regards,

Vijay

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

put : Constant EDI_DC40, if version = 3

from

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/95244269625633e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

Too fast to beat..!!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did all these changes, in the IDOC mapping in XI and also selected the option to select control record from payload in the idoc adapter. The messge in SXMB_MONI, I can see that EDI_DC40 has mestyp ORDRSP, but when I see SAP we02 IDOC transaction, it says that message type is ORDERS. Don't know why this is still happening? Any other option needs to be checked guys?

Regards,

Vijay

Message was edited by: vijay srikanth

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Try by also selecting the options take Sender from payload and Take receiver from payload in the IDOC adapter and checking if it works.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have the options sender from payload and receiver from payload. The sender is a file communication channel...Only the take control record from payload option was checked in the idoc adapter.

Regards,

Vijay

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Which SP are you on? The option take sender from payload and take receiver from payload are available in the IDOC adapter only from SP14 onwards.

Am not sure if that is the exact solution, but it is worth a try. We also faced this issue once and selecting those options allowed us to pass the values From the payload to the IDOC in the R3 system.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in SP12...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The online help states,

<i>MESTYP -From the XI interface</i>

So, the value is being picked from your IDOC Message Interface itself.

If you need to manipulate it, you need to move to Sp14 or , look at some other workaround.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then is it possible to find out where the XI interface itself is picking it up from. Is it possible that when we import IDOC definitions, this message type is also imported from the system. Then in that case, I think the definition in WE82 having the highest version will be imported, is what I think.

Regards,

Vijay

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Am not sure of that, but try reimporting the IDOC once again into XI, deleting the Metadata in IDX2 and trying the same. Am not sure if it will work fine, but it is worth a try.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Were you able to find a solution/workaround for this problem? I am currently facing the same issue and the suggestions that have been given in this thread are not helping.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Just go to <b>IDX2 in XI and delete the IDOC metadata</b> and reimport it and try to run your Interface.

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh,

these are the same for this orders05

so no need to update the metadata

Regards,

michal