Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple readings for each result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client has a requirement.

Suppose there is 100% quality inspection.

But for each result recording, they want to take multiple readings.

The mean of all the readings is to be considered as the resultant value for each recording.

And also they want highest and lowest readings there of for each recording.

Is this possble?

Best Regards

Ramakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do your results as individual results recording with lesser scope set. This means you can record as few values as you want and up to the 100% of values.

For each characteristic you are recording results for, create two calculated characteristics. One will be the lowest value recorded for the characteristic and one the maximum value. C90010 or CA0010 would be the formula for the min and max values respectively, where 0010 is the characteristic the resutls are recorded against.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Your logic seemed very interesting. But I could not clearly understand the steps.

Suppose, I need to record 3 results for a Char. And I am using dependent multi sample procedure. The result will be average of 3 values and I need max and min value too. So for that, what will be my calculation formula to get maximum and minimum value and where will they be shown? As per I know RR screen will show the resultant value. suppose MIC is 0010.

can you pls tell me that?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you mean RR with larger scope.

Ramakanth

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With lesser scope it means you must record at least one result and can't record more results than what is calculated by the sampling procedure. I.e. the sampling procedure calls for 100 recordings, you can't record 101. Since he is using 100% inspection, I figured he would have the possibility of recording up to the max.

With larger scope, it means you can record as many results as you want but you have to record at least the number calculated by the sampling procedure. In his case, he is using 100% inspection. With larger scope, if he had 100 units, he would have to record at least 100 results. That isn't what he wants to do. He wants to record some number less than the full amount in most cases. So he needs to use lesser scope.

No scope means you can do whatever you want, there is no check.

The downside to using any of these three is that automatic usage descions cannot be done. You must use fixed scope to use Auto UD's.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swarnali

For getting min and max you will need to define them as seperate mics, ie Calculated Mics with formula mentioned by Craig.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh and FF,

I got it. Thanks I didnt know about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can explore 3 options:

1. Inspection point

2. Dependent multiple sample

3. Independent multiple sample

and for max and min value, Do the RR of that MIC. Click on "Further Details" tab( Just above the result column). There you have option for maximum, minimum standar deviation.

But problem is this, for the "further details" tab, you have to check the "summarized" option in MIC control indicator, for single result these fields are greyed. But if you want to use option no. 2 and 3, you have to keep single result recording.