Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Package and Batch

jessica_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a little confused concerning deplying SP and Batch, could anyone please help explain it to me?

1. Regarding Support Package

e.g. upgrade from 12.1.0 to 12.1.5, only deploying SP5 is enough, or should I deploy every SP util SP5?

2. Regarding Batch

e.g after upgrading from 12.1.0 to 12.1.5, I would like to use the latest batch which is batch 7. Must I deploy all the batches from batch 1 to batch 7 for SP5?

Thanks and best regards,

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jessica_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Now I have got a clear idea that deploying the latest SP is enough.

However, I find that the list of fixes in patch 7 is different from patch 6, so I would like to confirm with you that if I only deploy patch 7, the bugs found in patch 6 will not be fixed, right?

Thanks!

Edited by: Jessica Li on Jun 3, 2010 7:23 AM

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note will not repeat all of the prior fixes, but Patch 7 includes the corrections in Patch 6, Patch 5, etc...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found, as well as other colleagues, that deploying 12.1.0 causes issues with the deploy of sp5. Simply deploy sp5 and then deploy the patch you which to deploy.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you mean 'Patch' and not 'Batch'.

The SCA file on service marketplace is the full install and therefore does not need to be applied incrementally (you can see that the file sizes are always about the same - approx 68MB).

The fundamental differences between Service Pack and Patch are the number of corrections (you can see this in the release info note for each of them), and the subsequent process for time of delivery and regression testing. In some cases the next scheduled SP will already have a correction but based upon the need and urgency of a customer issue the correction will go into a patch prior to the SP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reg Support package i think it is enough if you install sp5 alone and reg batch i am not sure