cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our customers have SAP R/3 up and running(MM,PP & SD) and user base is 45. Now if they wish to go for DMS for users(these 5 users do not have SAP access currently), could anyone let know how the licensing will work out? Will be it for entire DMS license or end user license or...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

PLease check this licencing model of SAP.

[SAP LIcencing model|http://www.sap.com/solutions/licensingmodel/index.epx]

Regards

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its still very unclear. Let me rephrase my question.

Assume the client with userbase of 45 has PP,MM & SD modules implemented. Now, they are wanting to also implement DMS for 5 users. Will there be additional licesnes needed to be bought?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

What i would suggest is that you could look up http://service.sap.com with your SAP-provided OSS ID and it should tell you what you have licenses for and what you don't. Based on the results, you may work towards procuring licenses, if needed.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

as far as I know the DMS functionalities are part of the SAP PLM module. So if you have this module implemented in your system you should be able to use DMS transactions (CV01N, CV02N, ...) and functionalities as well.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

If this licence is for consultant level then it's free. Also for the end user you need to pay. But if these end users are already existing as per your requirement then no need to buy separately.

The cost of these DMS roles will be added to their existing user ID's of MM,PP,SD..etc.

The cost is applicable only for end users and not consultant user ID's.

Regards,

Ravindra