cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of key combinations within VK12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does someone know how to translate "key combinations".

When I do VK12 with a certain condition type, system wants me to choose from a couple of key combination.

When I do VK12 in language EN, I just can see the radio buttons with description.

Does someone know how to translate, cause in SPRO (condition tables or access sequences) there is no translation option!

Thx. in advance

Wolf.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for your reply.

Does it mean when I want to put the english short text within V/04 in, I first have to logon to SAP with language EN?

Cheers

Wolf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats right. For any other language, login to SAP in that language and then maintain the description for the tables.

Also you can check with ABAP to translate english description to various other languages. Doing it manually for all tables might be tedious.

Regards

Sai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wolf

There are tools available in Basis (See below) for translation. Go through that before you plunge into translation. SE63 is the main one from them. I used both direct change in IMG and SE63 methods in the past (2005) when I was doing a roll-out for Spain and Portugal from a global template that originated in US.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/77/572451492011d1894a0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say "Translate" does it mean to a different language.

However, yes you can translate or change the description of the key combinations. Please go to the relevant condition type definition (V/06) and check what is the access sequence assigned to it. Then go to the access sequence definition (V/07) and check what all tables are assigned to it. Now go to the tables defintion in change mode (V/04) and give your desired table name and enter and then change the description and save / generate. Please note that you can only change the description of the existing condition tables and the header / footer settings.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sai