cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing of docs in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our customer wants to import documents(pdf) from external system into DMS directly. Is there any tool available for this? Or this needs to be develpoed on another platform and integratred. Quick response will be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Though haven't worked on this scenario personally, however, would recommend go through 'DMS Loader' solution from SEALS systems. Comes close to addressing your needs.

http://www.sealsystems.de/fileadmin/mediaFiles/Factsheets/DMS_Loader_en.pdf

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on Jun 2, 2010 12:13 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done this numerous times over the past 10 years and I basically had a custom ABAP (BDC) developed to do as a mass load. If structured correctly you can load from a local file which could contain 1 or 100,000 docs to be created. There are also BAPIs available to do this also.

lanka_maheshwar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

For importing the documents from your local system to DMS Server directly you can use the product 'SAP Easy Document Management'. The application is an extension to the Windows explorer. You can upload the documents directly via drag and drop from your local system and it gets uploaded to the DMS Server.

Hope this helps !

Best regards,

Maheshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

If you have thousands / lacs documents, best option is go for BDC uploading which can be done thru abap programming and all the documents with required fields will get uploaded at a time.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

This is done thru BDC. There is no need to go for any extenal tool. Ask the Abap programer to write a BDC programe.

In this you need to define the all fields which you want for DIR and give the path of these files stored in external system.

All the documents will get uploaded at one time with DIR's.

The progrmae name is BDC(Batch Data Collection) for mass uploading.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You may have to develop the tool in .NET platform. You will need help of developers.