Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time booking - costs going against a wrong Cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help...

A person has been assigned to a Cost center, yet when booking time on CATS, the system pulls through and charges against a wrong cost center.

Initially I thot it was the network activity pulling thru the cost center, but that is not the case.

Where can I look to see why it reflects and chages the wrong cost center?

Thanks..

Regards,

Una

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PS refer the details Posted by Gokul. System decides which costcenter to pick based on defalut settings of Data entry profile.

(What is ticked here if Master Cost Cneter is ticked than system wil pick based on 315 infoty type and if Cost center is ticked than 001 infor type and if both ticked than 315 infotype )

Apart from that on which object you are chargin cost. And how that data was entered in data entry profile ?

With regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. In the Data profile entry, only Cost center is ticked under defaul values.

Should I tick the Master cost center as well?

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that the Time sheet has been recorded to the object which is having different cost center. For example, if you are recording to the Network activity where the work center's cost center and the personnel cost center is different then the posting will be wrong.

Check the object for which you are booking time sheet.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the object and the cost center, they are the same. Could there be any other reason?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Organizational assignment infotype for that person in PA30 transaction or ask your HR consultant to check the assignment for the employee. This should solve your issue.

In case this does not solve the issue please explain the issue in detail viz., the time booking process you follow etc..

Best Regards,

Gokul

Edited by: Gokul on Jun 2, 2010 3:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The org. assignment infotype for that person is correct, it reflects the correct cost center.

The cost center was changed two months ago, yet, when booking on CATS, the system still pulls thru the old sending cost center.

What step could have been missed to cause the reflection of the old cost center?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case check your data entry profile. Here you specify as to where the cost center should be picked from. Check your data entry profile and revert.

Best Regards,

Gokul