cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy universe with different connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am developing an universe in our development BO server, once it is finished, I will send the universe to our SA team to deploy the universe in production BO server.

I ve set the universe to connect to the DEV oracle db, how can SA team change the connection to connect to PRD oracle database during deployment? I know it can be changed in Universe Designer, but I don't ve PRD oracle password so can SA team change the connection in Import Wizard? Any other method?

Thanks.

Grace

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

LCM(Life cycle manager has solved this problem.

You can map the DEV connection to the respective PROD connection in LCM while migrating universes to PROD

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My BO version is BOXI3.0, also ve LCM?

Another question is how can I only import the universe? I only choose to import the universe but it seems the import wizard also import the universe connection. Thanks.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the SA team have the connection set up in the Prod environment. Ask them to import only the universe but not the connection.

If the connection name is the same in all the environment the Universe can work on the environment it is imported to or the SA team needs to reconfigure the connection in designer after the import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Import Wizard process it is not possible to change the password. Once the IW process is completed, universe need to reexported with the new connection.