Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour with multiline text

darren_bambrick2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a form that posts data back into our crm system.

On the form there are a number of multi line text fields that I have bound to a wsdl datasource. The wsdl is linked ot a function module based web service.

The user fills in the fields on the form, hits a submit button and the function module is called.

The problem is that my string handling routines cannot recognise the newline character in the multiline text.

Data: lt_text type stringtab,

lt_lines type COMT_TEXT_LINES_T.

I am trying the following:

split is_input-task1-task_text at '#' into table lt_text.

and

split cl_abap_char_utilities=>newline into table lt_text.

and

CALL FUNCTION 'CONV_TEXTSTRING_TO_ITF'

EXPORTING

IV_TEXTSTRING = iv_text

IMPORTING

ET_ITF = lt_lines.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

darren_bambrick2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a work around for this

I used the functon module CRM_SVY_DB_CONVERT_STRING2HEX to convert my string to hex

I then split the hex xstring at '0D' i.e. the hex code for line feed.

I then used FM CRM_SVY_DB_CONVERT_HEX2STRING to convert the hex back to the string.

This worked for me, its a strange issue .

Thanks again Otto for your observations.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forum Points: 14

I wonder why do you have posted 10 times more "questions" than points you got? That probably means you don´t contribute at all and just expect the people to do your job, right? Then you can find it difficult to get help here. Otto

darren_bambrick2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Thanks for your concerns.

I award all answers that I get from the forums and acknowledge the contributions that I receive.

I help out when I can, and I allso get requests from people from the sdn community but not through sdn. Whenever I find a solution to my threads by myself, I post the result for other people to share.

However, I don't like or appreciate contributions from people like you that want to get their "reply to post" score up by posting stupid contributions to forum threads like you have done on mine.

If this is the only suggestion that you have I would appreciate if you would not reply to any of my threads in the future, please hijack someone elses thread

Thank you

Darren