cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availability control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Could You tell me how availability control works when working on budget? The sytuation:

my user deactivated availability control, and needs to do few budget operations on WBS. First is decrease budget to level lower than actual costs. It is not possible because of availability control, but on this WBS we are able to make costs higher than budget. Is this standard behavior? Is there any configuration of availability control?

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

First I have to thanks for Your posts. I read everything You suggested. We have defined ++ as a business transaction group in customizing for tolerance limits. As I understand when user deactivate availability control it should be possible to change budget, even to level lower than actual costs. Am I right?

Regards.

Michael

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your budget profile....suppose, you have set availability control to be active once budget is allocated and then you have deactivated your Avail control manually...but if you go to CJ30/CJ32 to reduce your budget..during save of budget, the avail contril will get activated once again and will say budget error(if it is less than assigned value).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have "Automatic activation during budget allocation" in budget profile. Do You thing, that it works like that? I understand i'ts possible, but very strange. If it is standard system behavior the only way to get by this problem is to change budget profile. Am I right?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank You for replies. Problem solved- need to change, or build another budget profile. It was very instructive lesson for me.

Regards.

Michael.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to read SAP HELP about project budget and availability control...It will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course You are right. First I tried to find answer via google, help, and sdn, but I couldn't. You should know, that I'm new in SAP. I'm very thankful for every answer, gonna analyse them, and write about progress.

Regards.

Michael.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AVAC can be a difficult area to troubleshoot... that is, if it's active! I'd second the recommendations to look at the online help as a starting point.

-nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael!

Please, take a look at the following SAP Notes:

Note 1081758 - FAQ: Budget Check/Display

Note 783161 - Availability control check only if assigned value increases

Note 447102 - Availability control messages for goods movements

Note 602769 - Availability control checks despite deactivation

Note 1245966 - Activating the availability control for activation type 1

I think they might help you.

Regards,

Ivanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said the user has deactiviated AVAC. That is the reason you are able to post costs higher than that specified in the budget. As far as configuration for budget is concerned i would suggest you to search the forum. There are a lot of threads on this topic.

Besides you can even go through SAP Help.

Best Regards,

Gokul