Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new custom language code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

What would be the process to create a new custom language code to MDMP enabled SAP (6.20)? And the same question for a Unicode system ECC6.0?

The new language (let's call it ZZ) would be an exact copy of Chinese language ZH.

As far as I have understood, the requirement is to maintain different Chinese material descriptions and tax rates for the same material in different Chinese customs areas. Standard SAP doesn't support this it seems. So, ZH would be used for custom area 1 and ZZ for customs area 2. Each with their own descriptions and tax rates.

Solution-wise I appreciate any good tips but if we really have to go down to this "second Chinese language" path I'd like to know how big a task it is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a Non-Unicode system, SAP notes 112065 and 302063 describe possibilities to use additional language keys.

In a Unicode system, SAP note 73606 (attachment supportedlanguages2.xls) shows all supported language keys.

However these additional language keys enable you to maintain additional descriptions (e.g. for display or printing).

But in general it is not possible to enable different tax rates depending on language keys.

This sounds rather like a localization requirement. For this area there are usually other attributes which can be used (like e.g. company code).

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

2 REPLIES 2

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a Non-Unicode system, SAP notes 112065 and 302063 describe possibilities to use additional language keys.

In a Unicode system, SAP note 73606 (attachment supportedlanguages2.xls) shows all supported language keys.

However these additional language keys enable you to maintain additional descriptions (e.g. for display or printing).

But in general it is not possible to enable different tax rates depending on language keys.

This sounds rather like a localization requirement. For this area there are usually other attributes which can be used (like e.g. company code).

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Thank you Nils,

I'll have a look at those notes just in case. But mostly I'm also hoping that we find a more suitable solution for this issue!