cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing XI Directory Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently migrating the XI Repository and Directory objects from the XI Development to the Test instance. I was able to export a Configuration scenario with all related objects. When I am trying to import the file to the XI Test instance I am getting the following error message:

in German: "Das Business-System XIE ist keiner Business-System-Gruppe mit der Kennung (XISystemGroup) zugeordnet."

in English: "The Business System XIE is not assigned to a Business-System-Group with the identifier (XISystemGroup)"

Can someone explain me why I need a Business-System Group to import those objects? What do I have to do to solve the issue?

Furthermore, I would like to understand if it makes sense at all to import Directory Objects as the assigned Business Systems and Technical Systems are different from each other assuming we have a 3 Tier Environment (i.e. Development, Test and Production systems for each SAP Application and XI). Is there a way that I can import a Configuration Scenario and assign the correct Business Systems? Or is it better to recreate the complete configuration in the test system?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

<i>Furthermore, I would like to understand if it makes sense at all to import Directory Objects as the assigned Business Systems and Technical Systems are different from each other assuming we have a 3 Tier Environment</i>

create Transport targets for your Business Systems and this way, when you are moving the ID objects from one environment to another, the business systems will change by themselves and all you will have to make a change on is the commuincation channel.

Also, take a look at this blog for how migration needs to be done,

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

Should answer most of your questions.

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Alex,

you need to define targets in SLD

as otherwise the system names will not chage

(if you use another client with dev, qat, prd)

have a look at this link:

Configuring Groups and Transport Targets

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

on how to do it

and the the import will work

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal, that helped.

I created a Business System Group DEV on the XI Development SLD and all SAP Systems available were assigned automtacially. I was wondering if this transportation logic also works for Non-SAP Systems. Can I assign a Non-SAP Systems to a Business-System Group?

Thanks again for your feedback.

Cheers.

Alex

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can assign right..Because most of the time nonSAP systems are just an Logical entities.

Regards,

Moorthy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

use a Third-party business system

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/c817d9d2296bb2e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

associated with a third-party technical system.

Regards,

michal