cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have been trying a settlement for my client, we have successfully executed settlement for most of the projects. However for one projects we have some intercompany postings done via JV's and then all the entries along with some more transactions are to be settled to G/L as WIP.

For this projects I am getting an error message as follows

-

Business transaction cannot be processed by consolidation

Message no. F5583

Diagnosis

You enter an intercompany business transaction and at the same time post to an account which represents an affiliated company. Such business transactions cannot be edited correctly by consolidation.

System Response

You receive a warning message during entry. You receive a corresponding error message when trying to post the document.

Procedure

You have to divide the transaction into two documents or use a document type which allows a cross-company posting.

-

I checked for entries in CJI3 and allowed intercompany postings to all the document types for this WBS. Still the error persists.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was solved with some changes in settlement profile

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the changes you did in settlement profile?Please post it...It would help others if they come across with similar kind of problem

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the company codes used in both objects is maintained under the same controlling area.

Regards,

Harish

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the error message suggests you to activate intercompany postings to the settlement document type which you mentioned in your settlement profile. Also, you can check it in FICO forum, you may get good response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

At first look of it, even I felt the same but activating inter company posting is not helping me in any case.

Thanks

Manish